Determinants of University Student’s Work Readiness
Agung Widhi Kurniawan1, Muhammad Ichwan Musa2, Tenri SP Dipoatmodjo3, Nurman Nurman4
1Agung Widhi Kurniawan, Assistant Professor, Universitas Negeri Makassar.
2Muhammad Ichwan Musa, Assistant Professor, Universitas Negeri Makassar.
3Tenri SP Dipoatmodjo, Lecturer, Universitas Negeri Makassar.
4Nurman Nurman, Assistant Professor, Universitas Negeri Makassar.
Manuscript received on April 02, 2020. | Revised Manuscript received on April 15, 2020. | Manuscript published on May 30, 2020. | PP: 323-331 | Volume-9 Issue-1, May 2020. | Retrieval Number: A1445059120/2020©BEIESP | DOI: 10.35940/ijrte.A1445.059120
Open Access | Ethics and Policies | Cite | Mendeley
© The Authors. Blue Eyes Intelligence Engineering and Sciences Publication (BEIESP). This is an open access article under the CC-BY-NC-ND license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/)
Abstract: This research aims to analyze the effect of university student activity in the organization and learning achievement on the work readiness, particularly in entrepreneurship. The sample of the study was 53 students of Management Department at the Faculty of Economics, Makassar State University. Data collection is performed by using the documentation and questionnaire methods. The data analysis technique employed is multiple regression analysis and Multiple Correlation Coefficient Analysis and Determination Coefficient Analysis using the IBM Statistical for Product and Service Solution (SPSS) version 21 program. The results of this study indicate that the two independent variables are Student Activity in Organizations (X1) and Learning Achievement (X2) partially and simultaneously affect the dependent variable Work readiness (Y). The correlation coefficient of 0.854 is in the interval 0.71 to 0.90, which shows the strength of the relationship between the independent variable and the dependent variable is very strongly correlated. The coefficient of determination of 0.730 indicates the independent variable to predict the dependent variable by 73%, while the remaining 27% is influenced by other factors. This paper offers theoretical and practical implications. For theoretical implication, this research fills the gaps in existing research. Moreover, for practical implications, it is expected that the decision makers in higher education level should be able to keep up the positive aspects and to encourage the supportive academic atmosphere in order to generate such student’s entrepreneurial readiness.
Keywords: Student Activity in Organizations, Learning Achievement, Work Readiness.
Scope of the Article: Neural Information Processing